Online dating sounds simple and when you start you think you’ll be using your head, but then something happens, and…well, we may fudge the truth a bit, or we may fall helplessly in love and trust too soon.
It’s always better to have rules in mind before you hop online to keep in mind. These tips are the result of many thousands of members dating experiences across the web. To that end, here’s the top ten dating tips for online dating in Australia:
- Don’t give someone your full name and address until you are ABSOLUTELY SURE you can trust them.
- Don’t lie about yourself on your profile. You’ll be found out.
- Don’t post your picture scantily clad if you’re looking for a long-term romance. This says, “I’m looking for a good time this weekend,” not “I want to meet my soul mate.”
- Unless you’re actively seeking a shallow money-grubber, don’t pose with your luxury car.
- Don’t talk about your ex.
- Don’t post your picture with someone else in it.
- Don’t whine; be positive.
- Do be honest about your situation. If you are separated, say so.
- Do take the time to do the entire profile –unanswered questions say you couldn’t be bothered.
- Do answer all emails, even if just to say, “thank you, but I don’t think we have much in common.” You would want the same courtesy!
Back to other dating articles